Italy=Fun, Excitement, and crazy ADVENTURES

Saturday, April 5, 2008

It is spring time in Roma! The weather has changed completely, and now all the trees are blooming. It is quite lovely! It is nice to be back in one place, but at the same time I wish I was traveling a little more. I had a pretty interesting first week back. On thursday night, our school arranged a party with Italian students from the university here. Most of them were studying English. It was really fun talking with them and discovering the similarities between us. It was funny how embarrassed they were to speak English to us, which is ironic seeing that speaking Italian in virtually impossible for most of us at this point. I mean their English is amazing, seeing that they started studying it a young age. 

On friday morning I had to wake up at 6:30 am to go to this market outside of Rome for my City of Rome class, you know the one where they teacher is a crazy. It was so early and cold! The assignment is extremely vague, so basically we just walked around and observed the area. 

Today, I went to Siena with a group of girls. It was beautiful there! Tuscany is amazing, and I think one day I would like to travel there for a week or two. The city is so cute. We went to the Duomo there, walked around, and ate lunch in the Piazza. It was a three hour train ride each way, but we only went for the day. I am happy that I got a chance to go though! Next weekend we are going to Naples and Capri!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home