Italy=Fun, Excitement, and crazy ADVENTURES

Friday, May 9, 2008

Hello to England! I left Rome, and it was pretty sad. It didn't strike me until the last moment, when I saw six of my friends sitting in the shuttle waiting to go to the airport. Once I saw one of my very good friends, I knew it was sad time. That is the thing about how I cope with these situations, it doesn't really sink in until the last minute. 

... But, before we get to that, I want to tell y'all about my last day in Rome. Although I wanted to go everywhere and see everything I love, I could only fit a few things into my schedule. First, I went to the post office, and struggled with some Italian who could not figure out how to mail a package, how ironic... Then I went with Mindy to our favorite bakery, which was pretty much scrumptious. After that, I said goodbye to a good friend of mine, Stanely the dog. I miss Stan so much! Ok so, now we get to the sad part. My friends (Ximena, Scott, Jenny, Maria, and Kristen) went to the orange grove, a famous grove outside of Santa Sabina. This was the place we went to when we first arrived in Rome, so as you can imagine, it was a difficult moment. Then we went to the Borghese Park/Gallery/grasslands, and rented a boat on the little pond in the middle of the park. It was soooo much fun. Kristen is quite the rower. She took us all around the little pond, and we even saw turtles! Dinner was also a treat. Then I ventured on to Giacominis, to say goodbye to my favorite panini makers! It was so sad, I said goodbye, and they were all teary eyed, and I am going to miss them. We went to this restaurant that served a five course dinner, which was delicious! It was so cute because it was run by this little Bubushka-like woman,  (sp?) but she was Italian. Sh would come over to the tables and kiss them, and it was so funny. The food was so good, but it made me toooooo full! And finally, after dinner, we threw our coins into the Trevi Fountain to say goodbye to Rome and make our wishes!

And now I am in England. It was quite the journey to get here, but this is where I am, so I am going to make the most of it, and most likely keep on missing Roma! Which a good friend use to tell me....if write ROMA on a piece of paper, and look at in a mirror it spells AMOR! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home