Italy=Fun, Excitement, and crazy ADVENTURES

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Venice please dont SINK!

Just one more day in Venice would be quite splendid!

I just got back from my Venice Field trip, which was really exciting. Venice was a four hour train ride, which was actually not too bad. I tried to get as much sleep as possible this weekend, because I have midterms this week, which is pretty stressful. Although we were in Venice for only a short amount of time, I did a lot. We had a lot of group tours, mainly to churches, and one art museum. I know Italy's history concerns a lot of art and churches, but it is somewhat disappointing that they don't take us on any other tours. Basically, the weekend field trip so far have been art history based. But, I was really excited to find that around the corner from our little hotel (our little dumpy hotel) was the Peggy Guggenheim museum, which was completely AMAZING! I just had contemporary art history last semester, and I literally saw every artist I studied in that class. I had seen many of the works only in books, so seeing them up close and personal was quite the experience, plus for some reason I am more drawn to modern art than art about Jesus. Anyway, the museum, or in the past, Peggy's mansion, contained works by Duchamp, Picasso, Maz Ernst, Pollock ughhhhhhhhhhhh i loved it! I can't believe I saw some of these works! 

Anyway, I also decided to take Saturday afternoon off and return to this small island town that I went to with my parents on our Italy trip. The town is called Burano, and it is the cutest town I have ever seen. Each individual house is painted a vibrant color, in order to make up a rainbow of a town. I think I am in love with this town, you will see it in my pictures, although I am pretty sure I took one hundred. I was so excited and lucky that I got to go. I went with my hungarian RAish type friend, who works at the program. We shopped around at the little glass and lace shops. And then we went over to Murano, where they actually make the glass. By that time it was pretty late, so most of the shops were closing. But, we got to see these big lit up glass statuish things...which were really cool. 

I literally cannot believe I made it back to Burano, and I saw those painting. Well I could tell you more, but I am exhausted. I was just thinking about how excited I am to discover new little towns when I am on spring break! Two more weeks! Love you and miss you!

--> here is my new photo album!
http://oxy.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2023568&l=821f2&id=14501905

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home